I love these butters. Herbaceously delicious and easy to make. Perfect for when you need to add flavor at the end of cooking to finish off a dish, or as a light saute. Spread it on bread, or toss into vegetables and pasta. You can build them to suit your favorite flavor combination. Turn right with sun dried tomatoes, oregano, and basil for pasta, left with capers and dill for fish, or straight up with parsley garlic and shallots for a scampi maître d’ butter. Make them up ahead, wrap in plastic or parchment, and they’ll keep for months in the freezer.
Recipe notes: What you’ll need: A bowl, spatula, and parchment or plastic wrap. Active prep time: 15 minutes.
Maître d’ Garlic Butter
- 1/2- cup (1-stick) regular or coco-ca-cao vegan butter, room temperature If using whipped butter increase to 1-cup
- 1-Tbsp minced garlic
- 1-Tbsp minced shallots
- 2-Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1/2-tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2-tsp sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- In mixing bowl, cream butter with ingredients.
- Spoon mixture onto plastic wrap and shape into log.
- Twist ends and refrigerate to set.