I love these kinds of butter. Herbaceously delicious and easy to make. Perfect for when you need to add flavor at the end of cooking to finish off a dish, or as a light saute. Spread it on bread, or toss into vegetables and pasta. You can build them to suit your favorite flavor combination. Turn right with sun-dried tomatoes, oregano, and basil for pasta, left with capers and dill for fish, or straight up with parsley garlic and shallots for a scampi maître d’ butter. Make them up ahead, wrap in plastic or parchment, and they’ll keep for months in the freezer.
Recipe Notes: What you’ll need: A bowl, spatula, and parchment or plastic wrap. Active prep time: 15 minutes.
Maître d’ Garlic Butter
- 1/2- cup (1-stick) regular or coco-ca-cao vegan butter, room temperature If using whipped butter increase to 1-cup
- 1-Tbsp minced garlic
- 1-Tbsp minced shallots
- 2-Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1/2-tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2-tsp sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- In mixing bowl, cream butter with ingredients.
- Spoon mixture onto plastic wrap and shape into a log.
- Twist ends and refrigerate them to set.