These muffins are part of my Grab & Glow breakfast. Dusted with cinnamon and ginger, the apple peanut butter delight is like a slice of apple pie first thing in the morning. I make them up ahead, wrapped them individually, and keep them in the freezer. This way all I have to do is take it straight from the freezer, pop it in the toaster oven, and by the time I’ve showered and dress, they’re ready to eat. Whoever said Gluten-free muffins are tasteless, hasn’t tried these muffins.
Recipe notes: Prep time: 15-minutes. Yields 1-dozen. Nutrient value based per slice. Difficulty level: Very easy.
- 6-Gluten-free English muffins with raisins
- 1-cup creamy organic peanut butter
- 6-Granny Smith apples cored, sliced thin
- 1-cup Stevia in the Raw
- 1/4–teaspoon ground ginger
- Mix spice blend, set aside.
- Slice muffins. Spread 1-Tbsp of peanut butter per slice.
- Arrange sliced apple on top, and sprinkle with spice mixture.
- Wrap and freeze.
- For baking: Bake 350* for 25-30 minutes.
- Place tin foil on top to prevent over browning.