Replenish your skin with this nourishing and hydrating body butter that can also be used as a gentle make-up remover. The natural occurring properties of lauric acid acts as an antibacterial agent for deep cleansing to remove environmental dust and pollutants. A natural sun-screen for preventing premature aging, the antioxidants, reduces oxidative stress from UV damage to keep the skin smooth and supple by promoting collagen production. Once a well kept beauty secret to women of the South Pacific, coconut oil is now used as a natural emollient in beauty products throughout the world today. For an added boost, this creamy smooth butter is infused with rose hip oil. Rosehip oil increases cellular turnover due to its high content of vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin D and B-carotene; a natural precursor of vitamin-A. The added lavender essential oil is a natural stress reliever for both skin and mood. Recent medical studies have place it high on the pedestal for relieving migraines, sleep disorders, anxiety, and as an antimicrobial for wound healing, acne, and other skin related infections. Rubbed onto the scalp prior to shampooing, it is an excellent conditioner.
Recipe notes: What you will need: Saucepan, bowl, whisk and container for storing. Active prep time: 15-minutes. Inactive time 8-hours. Yields-48-oz Difficulty level: Easy. Use daily as part of your beauty routine.
22-oz coconut oil
12-oz deodorized cacao wafers
5-oz rose-hip oil
1 1/2 -tsp lavender essential oil
- Heat oils in saucepan and add cacao wafer, whisking occasionally to melt. Pour melted cacao mixture into bowl and refrigerate till set (overnight).
- Next day: In bowl of stand-up mixer (if using hand mixer divide butter in half or quarters and whip in batches.
- Add lavender oil and whip till light and fluffy
- Scoop into desired container for immediate use.
- Store remaining butter in refrigerator