This condiment is a kind of Southeast Asian chimichurri. Naturally fat-free and low-carb, it’s bursting with flavor. Excellent for spooning over beef, chicken, fish or to spice up soups, dressings, and dipping sauces.
- 1/2-cup water
- 1/2-cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4-cup fish sauce or substitute with soy sauce
- 1 1/2-tbsp palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4-cup minced serrano peppers,
- 1/4-cup minced garlic
- 1/4-cup minced shallots
- 1/4-cup minced ginger
- 1/4-cup chopped cilantro, including stems,
- 1-tbsp chopped mint
- Heat the water, fish sauce, vinegar, and dissolve the sugar.
- Pour over minced peppers, garlic, shallots, and ginger.
- Allow mixture to cool completely before adding herbs.
- Transfer ingredients to a blender, add herbs, and process to a smooth paste or leave it chunky. If you prefer a thinner consistency you can increase the amounts of water and vinegar.
- Pour into a glass jar and refrigerate.